One entry in the novel’s appendix links people with a revolutionary synthesis of leading edge science.
Living the Field is a model based on the best-selling book The Field by Lynne McTaggart, a systemised course in expanding human consciousness based on hard science. Through the leading edge research of a variety of frontier quantum physicists, The Field' tells anew scientific story, revealing our astonishing birthright and demonstrating how we are prisoners of an outmoded paradigm based on 300-year-old Newtonian thinking.
Called ‘a book that could change the world forever’, it contains the work of a number of frontier scientific explorers that suggests that at our essence, we exist as a unity, a relationship utterly interdependent, with the parts affecting the whole at every moment. The implications of this new scientific story on our understanding of life and the design of our society are extraordinary.
If a quantum field holds us all together in its invisible web, we have to rethink our definitions of ourselves and what it is to be human. If we are in constant and instantaneous dialogue with our environment, if all the information from the cosmos flows through our pores at every moment, then our current notion of our human potential is only a glimmer of what it should be. If we’re not really separate at our essence, we can no longer think in terms of winning and losing. We need to redefine what we designate as me and not-me, and reform the way that we interact with other human beings, practice capitalism, and view time and space.
Among things shown is that our human potential can soar far higher than what current science tells us about ourselves, and that we have the individual and collective ability to change our world. The Intention Experiment builds on the scientific evidence contained in The Field that we are on the brink of a new scientific age, and is the first worldwide series of double-blind experiments to test the power ofintention. The studies, developed by McTaggart and a consortium of physicists and other scientists involved in consciousness research, invite thousands of readers around the world to send intention to several targets under controlled conditions through the Intention Experiment website. Thousands of people from thirty countries have already participated, producing evidence to show that group intention is powerful enough to affect targets more than 5000 miles away.
(The following points are taken from the Living the Field handout available through the link above)
THE OLD PARADIGM
- The human being is a genetic survival machine – a genetic mistake powered by chemicals and genetic coding.
- The brain is separate from the body and the seat of consciousness.
- Humans are isolated from their world.
- Mind is isolated from body.
- Time and space are finite universal orders.
- Nothing travels faster than the speed of light.
This worldview reduces us to our lowest common denominator. We are imagined as nothing much more than an animated machine with our life a desolate vision of a genetic accident powered by chemicals divided from its world. The Field suggests a far more expansive view of the world and living things like us. The essential communication mechanism of the universe is quantum frequency connected by a giant matrix – a field of fields called the Zero Point Field. This pulsating energy field is the central engine of our being and consciousness. There is no ‘me’ and ‘not me’ no ‘in here’ and ‘out there’. In other words, we are our world.
THE NEW PARADIGM
- A substructure underpins the universe that is essentially a recording medium of everything providing a means for everything to communicate with everything else.
- Cells and DNA communicate through quantum frequencies.
- The brain perceives the world through quantum frequencies.
- Humans are in ceaseless communication with their environment.
- Living consciousness is not an isolated entity – it increases order in the rest of the world.
- Things are indivisible
- The consciousness of human beings has incredible powers to heal ourselves to heal the world – in a sense, to make it as we wish it to be.
A FEW MIND-BENDING ASPECTS OF THE NEW SCIENCE
We are all connected through a giant quantum information field
- Scientists know of the existence of The Zero Point Field – a vast inexhaustible quantum energy sea.
- Subatomic particles pass energy back and forth like a ceaseless game of tennis.
- All things, us included, are packets of pulsating energy doing a constant energy ‘tango’ with this Field.
This quantum energy field is:
- One vast information ‘headquarters’.
- An infinite recording medium through quantum waves.
- A little like a vast telephone network with everything constantly on the phone.
Living things are information transmitters and receivers – constantly sending to and receiving quantum information from our environment
- We are all ‘candles’ – all living things emit tiny particles of well-ordered light.
- All living things also communicate within the organism and with its environment through this light – a bit like a television set and a television station all rolled into one.
Big things in the sticks and stones world of our every day reality aren’t ‘finished’ and final even though they appear that way
- In quantum physics subatomic particles are not a set ‘something’ but the ‘potential’ of something. They exist in a state of ‘superposition’ – of all possible selves at the same time.
- New evidence shows that the largest molecules in the universe are also in this not quite jelled something state of ‘becoming’.
- Scientists have discovered that the main building blocks of matter such as atoms and molecules display many other quantum properties such as ‘non locality’ – invisible connections and influence between things that exist far apart in time and space.
- Reality as we’re beginning to understand it is a little like unset Jell O.
We think therefore we affect
- Scientists have discovered the so called ‘observer effect’. Once a scientist looks at or measures a quantum particle it collapses these multiple states down to one.
- The quantum ‘potential of something’ becomes a real something.
- This suggests that consciousness is a ‘co-creator’. The act of observation has an effect on our world.
- Observation gets the Jell O to set.
- Reality is not fixed, but mutable and open to influence.
We are ‘ordering’ systems
- Consciousness appears to be a highly ordered energy existing outside the confines our bodies.
- Consciousness or ‘mind’ has the ability to change physical matter.
Time and space are an ever-present ‘now’ and ‘here’
- A great deal of evidence shows that intention traverses time and space. Experiments of the effect of mind on physical matter seem to work no matter when the intention is generated or how far the person is from the target.
- Scientists believe that the future is constantly affecting the present.
- When an action involving intention is analysed there appears to be a ‘backward flow’ from the result to the cause.
- This analysis yields an inescapable conclusion: intention may not be a process running forward in time, but an ‘information’ flow that flows ‘backward’ from the future to the present.
- This suggests that our future actions, choices and possibilities all help to create our present as it unfolds.
Think of the implications
- Every observation of ours may change some earlier state of the physical universe.
- A deliberate thought to change something in our present could also influence our past.
- The very act of intention of making a change in the present may also affect every thing that has led to that moment.
- Every action we take, every thought we have in the present may alter our entire history.
Anyone interested in the emergent paradigm shift in consciousness, developing their potential, or who wants to change the world will benefit from the information given out through Living the Field.